The Koper Family

A way for the Koper Family - which is becoming more and more extended - to keep in better contact with one another! A place to post stories, pictures, and anything else you want to share with the family!

Thursday, December 02, 2010

The year is almost over.....

Hello everybody
It is December already. Where did the year go ? I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas. We will have a Sinterklaas party this Saturday, Dec. 4. at Jan en Flora's house. Jan will make rijsttafel and I will make a huge quantity of kroepoek and springrolls(loempia). We have pepernoten en speculaas poppen and the kids will put their wooden shoes by the fireplace and sing "Sinterklaas Kapoentje" That is the song they all know. It will be fun. I have been busy baking bread. It is a lot of fun. I will ask Antoon to put some pictures on the blog from my breads. I am talking with a lot of other bakers on the internet and check out all kind of blogs that give recipes. I also made a speculaas pop with one of my speculaas planken. The pop came out looking great but the taste was definitely awful. So now I have to find a dough that tastes good but also will come out of the mold in one piece. It is a fun new hobby. Happy New Year to all of you. Ria.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home