ALL DONE !!!
it is August already and the grapes have become juice. Antoon did a wonderful job and we have a couple of nice bottles that almost look and taste like my favorite grape juice from Germany.(I brought 2 bottles home from our trip to the wine region there) Straining and more straining through an old "gold" coffee filter did the trick. I made a lot of raisins which will be very nice to have for oliebollen en Kerstbrood. Then I made some Jam, but all those recipes ask for to much sugar, so the jam did not jell to well and it is now sauce. Nice over icecream, pancakes and yoghurt.It was fun and gives nice satisfaction. Now I am looking for gluten free, dairy free and egg free baking recipes, since Yosina must avoid all that for half a year. It is not easy. There are now lots of gluten free items to buy in the grocery stores, but all have butter, milk or eggs. When you use substitutes for these items, all baked goods become totally different in texture and flavor. I made 3 loaves of "bread" and some oatmeal cookies. All done with white rice flour (she cannot have brown rice)soja milk ,sorghum flour, tapioca flour, egg replacement powder,potato flour. This week I will try to bake some muffins for her. So she has something to snack on .
This summer has been quite cool here. We really have not had many hot days. Antoon likes it, but I would like it a little warmer.Jan en Flora and their family are doing well. Joanna is very happy with her husband and adorable baby daughter. Sandy and Mike and the 3 kids are doing fine and Ingrid and Sam are doing o.k. too so far. . Love to everybody. Ria.
This summer has been quite cool here. We really have not had many hot days. Antoon likes it, but I would like it a little warmer.Jan en Flora and their family are doing well. Joanna is very happy with her husband and adorable baby daughter. Sandy and Mike and the 3 kids are doing fine and Ingrid and Sam are doing o.k. too so far. . Love to everybody. Ria.
1 Comments:
Ria I talked to you yesterday on the phone and got all your news but it is nice to read it at the blog. PS. Mike also loves the white grape juice you find in Germany but hard to find here.
Post a Comment
<< Home