The Koper Family

A way for the Koper Family - which is becoming more and more extended - to keep in better contact with one another! A place to post stories, pictures, and anything else you want to share with the family!

Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Letter from Ria

Summer is finally coming and we are starting to use the pool. We had visitors from Holland and had a great time with them. Went to Death Valley and the weather was perfect. Valley of Fire was just beautiful and the petroglyphs are very interesting .It is one of the few places were you still can get close to them. Grand Canyon was impressive as always.Then on to Canyon de Chellie. Lots of cliff dwellings there.The Hubble trading post was fun but you come through areas were you wonder how those poor people can live there. The Indians are the only true Americans but they were absolutely mistreated when they were forced to live in these forsaken reservations. Thank goodness that some can climb out of poverty by building casinos. The Petrified Forrest was nice to see. The colors of the logs are amazing. Our last stop was Tombstone and the Saguaro Nat. Forrest by Tucson.All in all a great time. Now the apricots are ripe and one of our 2 trees has a nice crop. I made jam and several pies. The rest is now frozen for later use. The apples are getting ripe also and the 1st batch of applesauce is done. We will have plenty of grapes but they will come sometime in August.I will make some grapejuice(lots of work) and also raisins.I also started to bake bread and that is a fun hobby.I am already famous for my hamburgerbuns among my grandchildren.I am a little out of quilting right now but I should really start that again. The computer takes also lots of time. Checking Ebay, reading The Huffington Post and finding recipes for all that fruit. And soon the Tour de France will start as well as the World Cup Soccer. The tv will be busy taping because we will be in Hurkey Creek by Idlewild camping. So, now you are updated again with my life. Hope to see some other letters soon. Love to you all. Ria

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home