The Koper Family

A way for the Koper Family - which is becoming more and more extended - to keep in better contact with one another! A place to post stories, pictures, and anything else you want to share with the family!

Thursday, February 26, 2009

when you have lemons.............

Hallo everybody. It is already the end of februari. Time flies! We had a fun time following the Tour of California. A yearly bicycle race.It is becoming as exciting as the Tour de France. With all the big names in racing. Lance Armstrong ( yes he is back) Levi Leipheimer and our local boy Floyd Landis. The Rabobank has a good Dutch team. I think for the 4th time in history they stopped traffic on the Golden Gate Bridge so the race could go over the bridge. Gera came with us to see them arrive in the Rose Bowl. Then they made 5 loops around the Bowl so we saw them all .They ended the race the next day in Escondido after going over Mount Palomar. There were so many people watching , it was amazing. Now about those lemons. I have a little meyer lemon tree, but it is very full. So I went on line to find recepies . The result is lemon marmelade,lemon curd and preserved lemons in salt. the last one is a middle eastern recepy. The cut-up lemons have to sit in salt and lemonjuice for 4 weeks. then you use just the peel, cut in small pieces. Mine is almost ready to be opened. I have no idea how it will taste. They say it is good with fish, meat and in salads. I will let you know how it is. Olivia, it was very nice to read your blog.. This is all for now. My love to everyone. Ria.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home