The Koper Family

A way for the Koper Family - which is becoming more and more extended - to keep in better contact with one another! A place to post stories, pictures, and anything else you want to share with the family!

Friday, February 20, 2009

Deffenderfer Update


Hi Everyone!

I guess it is time that we post an update. It is now close to 4 years since we moved to Maryland and we don’t seem to make it back to CA very often. Alan has been busy teaching at the local college and running his own book business. He has developed his own software for his business which led him to his third job of consulting as a FileMaker developer. I also have been busy with work---still doing marketing and business development. Last year I was constantly traveling and had trips to Singapore, Europe, Canada and all over the US. Fortunately this year my job shifted and I am home much more.

While we have not taken any real vacations recently, when weather permits, we enjoy hiking and biking in the state park very close to our house. Over the Christmas holiday we hiked in the snow and admired the ice sculptures at the dam that were made as the water trickled over. We are on a bit of a hiking break now as I recover from ankle surgery. Alan has also been keeping our beer fridge stocked with wonderful homebrews. He has concocted stouts, IPA’s, Lagers, Belgian ales….and even some lawnmower beer for those hot summer days! When Alan is busy in the kitchen brewing, I stay out of it and have once again picked up knitting. I am getting spoiled by the beautiful wool in a local yarn store and am looking forward to the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival in May. Pretty soon we will also start getting our vegetable garden ready for this season---and of course there will be catnip to satisfy our two catnip addicts!

We hope that all of you are doing well and would love to hear from you or see you if you are in the Baltimore area.

Love,
Olivia and Alan

1 Comments:

Blogger gera said...

Olivia it is good to see you back on the Koper Blog

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home